Greetings everyone! Guess what time of year it is? That’s right! Christmas 2.0! Or, better known as the time of year where Tom and I start inviting our esteemed bloggers from around the world to participate once again in the Decades Blogathon, a 10(ish) day event in which we take a look at films from different decades.
Last year was the inaugural event and it went off without a hitch and was a lot of fun. So much so, we just had to do it again. For those who sent their wonderful entries last year, you already know the drill. But to get newcomers on board, it’s going to go a little something like this:
- Pick a film from any decade with the year ending in ‘6’ (given that it’s now 2016), and there’s no restrictions here – We’re not snobs… not really, anyway; we’ll gladly accept anything from 1906 all the way up to releases that have come out so far this year). Just remember the year must end in a ‘6.’
- The postings will go up on a first-come, first-serve basis – We’ll put up the entries that come in first and there will be one posted every day on this site and Digital Shortbread, with each entry having a corresponding re-blog on the other site.
- The Decades Blogathon will be capped this year at 20 posts – As much as we would love to take 50 or 100 entries, that’d be a daunting task to take on so we are going to limit the entries to 20. We kindly ask participants to only send one piece in so we can maximise the number of contributors (Tom and I will also be included in that count. Our reviews will come at the end.)
- If you want to become involved, send an email to either myself (email@example.com) or Mark (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your suggestion – If no one else has already claimed that movie we’ll give you the green light and you can fire those entries right back to those same email addresses (or you can send them normally, that’d be preferable).
- Like last year, we’re aiming for mid-May to start posting entries – Please have your reviews/posts in by Thursday 12 May and no later than Friday 13th. That gives us time to go over the posts and construct the posting schedule. If you need any extra time to enter, just send either Tom or myself an email and we’ll get you in any way we can!
ONE LAST THING: As to the availability of the titles, I will be talkin’ to you about Martin Scorsese’s 1976 classic Taxi Driver, while Tom will be covering the 2006 Spike Lee joint Inside Man. Those are the only titles that are already claimed. Be sure to let us know if you’d like to talk about something and we’ll get this thing rolling! Thanks everyone!
Really looking forward to getting into this again this year! Come one, come all
Absolutely! We’ve already had some great entries mate. Will email you.
Count me in Mark! I’m gonna pick a movie released in 2006, Bond’s ‘Casino Royale’ because I LOVE that movie but for some reason never reviewed it. Do I still need to email you in addition to this?
Sorry for the late reply. Looking forward to having your review 🙂