Thank you to everyone who has jumped on board for this year’s Decades Blogathon, hosted by myself and Tom from the never-less-than-excellent Thomas J.
We still have a few slots left, so this is your final call ladies and gentlemen to get involved in the film blogging event of the year (possibly…)!
Here’s a recap of what you need to know:
- Pick a film from any decade with the year ending in ‘7’. There are a lot of great movies to choose from, whether it’s Star Wars from ’77 (can’t believe that one hasn’t been taken yet), Boogie Nights from ’97, or The Graduate from ’67.
- Postings will go up on a first-come, first-served basis (no time wasters please!). We’ll put up the entries that come in first and there will be one posted every day on this site and Thomas J, with each entry having a corresponding re-blog on the other site.
- Like last year, we’ll be capping the number of posts to 20 – as of writing this, we have a total of 12. Please only send in one piece so we can maximise the number of contributors (Tom and I will also be included in that count, with our reviews coming at the end).
- If you want to become involved, send an email to either myself (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Tom (email@example.com) with your suggestion. If no one else has already claimed your selection then you’re on board! We’ll then ask you to send us your post (with accompanying images) to the same email addresses as soon as possible. We ask that you send us an original piece (i.e. not one you’ve already run on your site) and you don’t run it on your site until after we’ve posted.
- Please let us know ASAP if you’d like to be involved and supply us you contribution as soon as you are able. We’ll be starting the blogathon shortly thereafter.
There will be one review posted each day either on this site or on Thomas J, and whichever site it doesn’t go up on first, it will be re-blogged there on that day.
Don’t miss out!