Hello! Well it pleases both Tom and I greatly to announce the official line-up of the 2016 Decades Blogathon, and so quickly. Thank you for responding so quickly and we are both looking forward to jumping in here and reading what you all have to say about your chosen movies. Once again this year we have an impressively eclectic selection of titles, and that’s just the way we like it.
So here’s how things are going to play out. Once again, there will be one review posted each day either on this site or on Digital Shortbread, and whichever site it doesn’t go up on first, it will be re-blogged there on that day.
Posts are ordered on a first-come, first-serve basis. Which means our esteemed blogging machine Rob from Movie Rob kicks things off in style with his review of Top Gun (1986), will I will conclude things with my thoughts on Taxi Driver (1976). Tom, meanwhile, will be offering his top draw thoughts on Spike Lee’s Inside Man (2006).
We have decided that Monday, 16 May will be the first day of posting. Please have entries in latest by Friday the 13th to give us time to sort through the reviews and get them formatted and set-up for presentation.
Because the spots filled so quickly this year, we’re anticipating a few late requests. Though we won’t be able to expand the pool to more than 20, last year we had one or two people duck out of the race at the last second, so if you find yourself on the outside looking in, you might just have a chance to get in if you let us know soon. If someone does drop out, those spots will be yours (again, on a first-come, first-serve basis). Thanks for your interest everyone and we look forward to getting this thing rolling on the 16th.
Here are the entries in order of planned publication:
- Movie Rob — Top Gun (1986)
- Keith & the Movies — Au Hasard Balthazar (1966)
- It Rains… You Get Wet — The Outlaw Josey Whales (1976)
- Cindy Bruchman — Notorious (1946)
- Ramblings Of A Cinephile — The Battle of Algiers (1966)
- The Last Picture Blog — Andrei Rublev (1966)
- Fast Film Reviews — The Ten Commandments (1956)
- Flick Chicks — The Fountain (2006)
- Drew’s Movie Reviews — Grandma’s Boy (2006)
- Sporadic Chronicles Of A Beginner Blogger — Scream (1996)
- Defiant Success — Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (1966)
- The Cinematic Frontier — Labyrinth (1976)
- Movie Man Jackson — She’s Gotta Have It (1986)
- Nola Film Vibes — Stand By Me (1986)
- Flixchatter — Casino Royale (2006)
- Carly Hearts Movies — Trainspotting (1996)
- Epileptic Moondancer — The Tenant (1976)
- Marked Movies — A Scanner Darkly (2006)
- Digital Shortbread — Inside Man (2006)
- Three Rows Back — Taxi Driver (1976)
Looks like a fantastic line-up, Mark. This should be good.
Looking forward to it!
Reblogged this on Carly Hearts Movies and commented:
Want to watch me subject myself to Iggy Pop, a smack-addicted Ewan McGregor swimming in toilets and creepy dead kids? Now’s your chance!
We’re looking forward to your contribution Carly!
Looking forward to reading some of these. There are eight I haven’t seen – excluding my own choice – so that’ll be fascinating. (Er also…not really that important…but the link to my blog isn’t correct – there’s another “The Last Picture Blog” by the looks of it, though it has been dormant for a year or so.)
Sorry Stu! Have corrected that error! Looking forward to reading your review.
What a brilliant line up! Looking forward to taking part this year, and I can’t wait to read everyone else’s posts 🙂
Thanks! It’s gonna be a blast 🙂
It certainly is!
Lots of great films. Looking forward to reading some great writing.
I am too! Cheers Mark 🙂
Looking forward to reading people’s posts! Glad to take part in this, Mark!
Glad to have you on board too!